To create a real forex account for free, click here
VPN in full is Virtual Private Network. It permits you to create a secure connection to another network over the internet. A VPN is really useful especially when you intend to hide your browsing activity from snooping eyes on the internet and when using public Wi-Fi. VPNs were initially created to connect two or more business networks securely over the internet enabling one to access a business network from just about anywhere
A VPN can also be used to access websites restricted to certain regions, bypassing certain internet bowdlerization and access local network resources from a remote location. Most existing operating systems have integrated VPN support.
Functions of a Virtual Private Network
A Virtual Private Network basically allows you to connect your smartphone(s), tablet and PC to a server usually, another computer in a different location still connected to the internet while permitting you to browse the internet using that computer’s internet connection. Your computer acts like it is on the same network as the Virtual Private Network (and vice-versa i.e. you will able to browse online as if it you were in the VPN’s location) and allows to securely access local network resources. You can practically access all the files and services supported by that computer even if it be region-centric.
Browsing the web, while connected to a VPN, your computer contacts the website via an encrypted VPN connection and your request is forwarded by the VPN and also returns the response via a secure connection. A VPN then aids you to achieve the following:
- Access your Home Network while travelling
- Downloading files
- Guard yourself against prying bots on unreliable websites and /or Wi-Fi connections
- Guard yourself while torrenting
- Evade region-centric censorship while streaming audio/ video contents online or simply getting information from a certain website
- Browse anonymously by hiding your true location from your Local Network provider
Today, most people use VPNs for bypassing online restrictions geographical wise, to watch contents online, downloads and access useful information in a dissimilar locality.
How can I get a Virtual Private Network
You can create a VPN server from the comfort of your home using your PC or use one from your office depending on your wish although currently, most people just need a VPN to browse anonymously especially with the increasing rate of cyber hacks and insecurity and while torrenting. For your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, Android or Tablets, you would need to register and download a VPN client from the following sites:
- Strong VPN – https://strongvpn.com Good for streaming online media and torrenting
- Express VPN – https://expressvpn.com or go to filehippo.com to download one. Easy to use, has effective responsive servers and supports streaming media and torrenting
- TunnelBear – https://tunnelbear.com Easy to use although not so good for streaming online media