To create a real forex account for free, click here
The DOST Scholarship Program essentially aims to encourage young, gifted, and competent Filipinos to pursue professions in science and technology. This award is available to deserving students who are less privileged.
Do you want to pursue a college education, but lack the resources to do so? Fortunately, the Philippine government provides the DOST scholarship for senior high school students who want to go to college.
This award is available to deserving students who are less privileged.
The benefits of being a DOST scholar are numerous. Given that a college degree costs thousands of dollars per semester, it can make it easier on your parents to support your studies.
So, how do you go about becoming a DOST scholar?
This post will inform you about the DOST-SEI Scholarship prerequisites, qualifications, and application process.
Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
The executive branch of the Philippine government, the Department of Science and Technology, is in charge of coordinating programs pertaining to science and technology in the country.
In support of national development, it aids in the formulation of policies and initiatives in the scientific and technological domains.
- Develop, establish, and oversee a thorough national science and technology plan, as well as oversee and coordinate its funding and execution;
- Encourage, support, and, where necessary, carry out scientific and technology research and development in fields deemed essential to the development of the nation;
- Facilitate the advancement of homegrown technology as well as the innovation and adaptation of pertinent imported technology, and in this regard, carry out technological development up to the commercial stage;
- Design and engineering projects to support research and development activities;
- Promote, help, and/or take on the transmission of the outcomes of scientific and technological research and development to their end users as necessary.
The DOST Scholarship Program essentially aims to encourage young, gifted, and competent Filipinos pursue professions in science and technology.
By doing this, we can be sure that there will be enough scientists and technologists on hand who can undoubtedly aid in the advancement and development of the nation.
This scholarship is known as the NSDB/NSTA Scholarship and is under RA No. 2067. This scholarship is provided to students who have a highly qualified education and are in the fields of science and mathematics. DOST helps students who are willing to study science and technology.
Under the Act of the Republic of 7687 (this is the Act known as the Science and Technology Act), which says ACT 1994, this scholarship gives financial support to highly talented and deserving candidates.
Under the Act of the Republic of 10612, it allows students who are willing to study to strengthen their own country. Students who possess higher skills in the fields of science and technology Education which include;
- Science Education
- Mathematics Education
List of Priority Courses
Below is a list of the courses covered by the DOST Scholarship Program. Please take note that some of these courses are available only at specific colleges and universities and for a specific study period.
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education, with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology (University of the Philippines System only)
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics, Major in Mathematical Finance
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences (4 Years, University of the Philippines Manila only)
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology (3 years, De La Salle University only)
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems (4 years, Ateneo de Manila University only)
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
- BS Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS Packaging Engineering
- BS Petroleum Engineering
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy, Major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry (4 years, University of San Carlos only)
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry (4 years, University of San Carlos only)
- BSE Physics-Mathematics (4 years, University of San Carlos only)
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Notably, most of the above courses may be taken at the University of the Philippines, state universities, and private institutions that are recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as “Centers of Excellence” or “Centers of Development.”
The following are eligible to apply for the Scholarship:
- Those graduating STEM grades 12 students as a whole.
- Non-STEM students who graduated in the top 5% of their class.
- All STEM grade 12 students who graduated before SY 2022-2023 but have not yet started college.
- All non-STEM students in the top 5% of their graduating class who did not enroll in college after graduating before SY 2022–2023
- Students who graduated from high school prior to the K–12 system and who are in the top 5% of their graduating class.
- Grades 9, 10, and 11 scores are required, or, if a grade was skipped, scores on the Certificate of Rating for the Philippine Educational Placement Test.
- Must be a citizen of the Philippines by birth.
- Must be morally upright and in good physical condition.
- Have taken the DOST Scholarship Exam before, but did not qualify for the program.
On the other hand, the following are disqualified for the scholarship:
- You already took a test for the DOST-SEI Scholarship.
- You requested immigrant status in the United States or another country.
- Students who possess credits from an undergraduate or graduate program.
You can apply for the DOST Scholarship if you match these qualifications. The second item you should be aware of is the documentation required to apply.
Prepare the necessary documents before submitting an application for the DOST Scholarship Program:
- Birth Certificate
- A recent passport-size picture (1.8 x 1.4 inches / 4.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) for Grades 9, 10, and 11
- High School Principal’s Certification
- A certificate attesting to good moral character
- Certificate of Good Health
- Certificate of Residency
- Parent’s Certification, which indicates that the applicant has no pending visa or immigration application to another country
- Applicant’s Certification, which states that you were not a DOST Scholar prior to this application
- Signed Declaration of Applicant and Parent/Legal Guardian
- Parent’s / Legal Guardian’s Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Certificate of Indigency / Proof of Pension.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Students who meet the requirements for the DOST Scholarship can anticipate obtaining the benefits and allowances stated below.
A. Regular Every Academic Year for Students
- Tuition school fees For Students- ₱40, 000.00 / per year
- Book Allowance for Students- ₱10, 000.00 / Per year
- Group Health and Accident Insurance – Premium
- Monthly Living Allowance- ₱7, 000.00 / Per month
- Thesis Allowance- ₱10, 000.00
- Graduation Clothing Allowance- ₱1, 000.00
- Transportation Allowance Given (for those students who are studying outside their own country), will get 1 economy round trip fare will be given by the scholarship holder.
Junior Level Science Scholarship Program
B. Summer Allowance
- Tuition Fee & other school fees- ₱1, 500.00
- Book Allowance- ₱500.00 (to be submitted with Official Receipt)
- Monthly Living Allowance Given- ₱7, 000.00 / per month for two months
The application process for the Dost Scholarship requires your full attention, as you cannot submit an application twice. However, I’ve laid out a four-step guideline that will help you while applying.
Access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate S&T Scholarship portal once you have finished and scanned or photographed the required documentation, along with the previously given information.
Please make sure that all of the names and words are spelled correctly while completing the needed information. Before starting, make sure your internet connection is steady.
Step 1: Register
Use a legitimate email address, please. Through the email address you provide when registering, you will be informed of the status of your application and other information pertaining to it.
Step 2: Eligibility Section
Use the URL in the email you received to enter the eligibility category and respond to the questions there.
An email with a Notice of Disqualification will be sent to you if you are not eligible to apply for the JLSS.
Step 3: Information and Documents
If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, proceed to the following sections:
- Personal Data
- Contact Information
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Household Information Questionnaire
- School, Course, and Grades
- Only JPEG, PNG, BMP, and PDF file types are supported by the system.
- Multiple files up to a maximum size of 5 MB can be uploaded at once using the system.
- After uploading your files, you can inspect them by clicking the “Preview” button.
To replace any previously uploaded documents, you must upload the right, complete files again if you uploaded an inaccurate or incomplete file.
Step 4: Submission
Make sure you have completed all of the sections completely, with accurate information and spelling, and that you have uploaded all necessary files before clicking the SUBMIT button.
You won’t be able to edit any of the information you provided after submitting your application.
A test permit will be granted to qualified applicants. The applicant’s test center, test time, and other details regarding the prerequisite exams are listed on the test permit.
Before the day of the test, the test permit will be delivered to the applicant’s registered email address.
The deadline for applications for the 2023 DOST Undergraduate Scholarships is December 2, 2022.
An awardee shall comply with the terms of the Scholarship Agreement to be entered into between himself/herself, parents or legal guardian, and the DOST-SEI.
It is your responsibility to be a scholar. To profit from the scholarship, you must value being a DOST awardee and put in a lot of effort.
Benefits are provided by the government to those who deserve them, particularly to deserving students who take their studies seriously and joyfully. Don’t let this chance pass you by.
Strive to achieve your life’s objectives. Work hard to provide for your parents concisely. You may find it difficult to apply for this scholarship, but if you put in the necessary effort, you will likely succeed and receive the DOST scholarship up to the end of your academic career